Schoox makes you feel like you are their only customer. They have been available by phone and email 24/7; no more ticketing system. The day-to-day interaction and turnaround time of customer support has been above our expectation
Customers in 115 countries have easy access to a fresh line-up of vegetables for their made-to-order sandwiches and salads at any of the more than 44,500 franchised locations. The company, founded 52-years-ago by then-17-year-old Fred DeLuca and family-friend Dr. Peter Buck, is still a family-owned business with thousands of dedicated franchisees/entrepreneurs in neighborhoods around the world, providing easy access to vegetables, detailed nutrition, dietary, and healthy lifestyle information. This has been a priority for the Subway® chain for many years.
Subway® Sandwich Restaurants
The Business Challenge:
- Unhappy with the old LMS – we couldn’t seem to line up the data the way we needed, we could not do reporting at the DA level and the HQ level
- Had to create our own reporting systems outside of the old LMS
- There was no customer service- it was a ticketing system, not a person; tickets were never resolved and on many occasions, they wanted to charge us for the fix
- The old LMS would just shut down in a middle of one of our users taking a course
- No mobile experience options, no app
- The interface look and feel was out dated and it couldn’t scale for our growth
- It was difficult to address the Subway® brand’s complex organizational structuremulti-relationships of corporate, franchisor and franchisees
The Solution: Why did Subway® choose Schoox?
- We looked at a few LMSs and were introduced to Schoox by Red Book Connect
- Our first impression of Schoox – very easy to use interface, very intuitive and very modern, clean and streamlined; we loved it
- Our only concern was users from the old system may not be able to adapt but those users with social platform experience would get it
- Taking a course was very easy and administration tasks were exceptionally easy
The Results: How did Schoox Solve Your Business Challenges?
- First the rollout was done in an unbelievable record time; the University of Subway was launched to all 540,000 users in 110 countries at the brand’s 44,000+ locations in just 30 days; reaching peak daily rollouts to 125,000 users with no issues
- The mobile app was a great additional training option
- It was very easy to setup users that aligned with our complex organizational hierarchy
- Users from old system adapted easily to the new system; we offered training resources and the communication was very good
- The Schoox’s platform was extremely reliable; we’ve had no issues
- Franchisees pull reports is easily, much better than the old system
- The system is so easy to use that across the organization admins, franchise owners, and users can navigate through the system quickly and easily with basic training source
- Easier to manage the training time for users; creates flexibility within the workspace to offer training at anytime
- In-house technical support tickets are practically non-existent now
- The feedback has been positive across the entire organization; C-level is very pleased because all of the users are pleased
The Surprise: Were there any benefits of Schoox that were unexpected?
- Schoox makes you feel like we are their only customer; they have been available by phone and email 24/7; no more ticketing system; the day-to-day interaction and turnaround time of customer support has been above our expectation and a pleasant surprise.
- Schoox has opened our eyes to other possibilities in reporting; from a HQ perspective – we are thinking differently how we report on ourselves and working with Schoox to make that happen
- Schoox made system Integration very easy; technology and integration standpoint the last LMS was a nightmare and this one was planned diligently and it went very smooth throughout the rollout—it was a nice surprise
- Schoox took care of recreating every one of our courses that were in a SCORM format for us, which saved our internal training team an immense amount of time and burden; Schoox made it seamless for us by just taking it over and recreating every SCORM course into a video format; enabled us to move away from SCORM which has made it easier for us to deliver training content
- Our future plans include turning on the social collaboration features as our users are asking for them